10.21.2007

Cristal Vindicates

"Living well is the best revenge" ~George Herbert, English clergyman & metaphysical poet (1593 - 1633)

"I rhyme to see myself, to set the darkness echoing."~Seamus Heaney, Nobel Laureate--1995

she tolerates
the syndicate
they celebrate
bubbles dissipate

thinking complicates
infiltrates
seems to isolate
rather than liberate

bombshell detonates
indifference devastates
she has no duplicate
or alternate

fake friends speculate
as she decorates
should they imitate
or implicate?

this girl captivates
absolutely fascinates
detachment dominates
her reality separate

This poem is an example of sonic repetition which is not really a poetic form--it is more of a device, I suppose. Basically, sonic repetition is the repetition of sounds in a poem. So, in the above poem, 'ate' would be the repeated sound. I have written several poems using this device. It's one of my favorites because I can rhyme without apology.

7 comments:

neshia said...

I LOVE ALL YOUR WORK

Mega said...

Take no prisoners.

KIKI said...

WOW...just WOW!

dc_speaks said...

niiiiiiiiiice!

Don said...

Of all the poetry I have read penned by you Saadia, this particular poem moved me the most.

Seems like you had your way with this piece. I like how you set the tone early and often.

Love the flippancy.

Clay Lowe said...

ate is ringing in my head...

jack said...

ryc: hee hee... yup ~ jack