1.02.2008

Conundrum

Carefully, I
Observe
Neverending syllables
Unfinished verses
No, I want to shriek, I will not
Do this literary labor
Right now, I want to
Unwind, ignore these wicked words and
Maybe have a drink

This is an example of an acrostic. An acrostic is a poem or series of lines in which certain letters, usually the first in each line, form a name, motto, or message when read in sequence. For instance, the first letter of each line of this poem is highlighted. It reads 'conundrum.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was an agnostic until I read your poetry; now I am an acrostic (lame humor), a believer, in poetry once again. Your words inspire, refresh and enliven the world I live in, making new the ordinary like the dawning of a new sun. I see the elements of my life in a new light, and I smile, because what I did not understand to write, you have done so elequently.

Mizrepresent said...

So clever!

JustBuzzed said...

I wish I could write as well. With my talents I have to focus on the drinking and the drinking culture more than writing and hope people can make sense of it.

theunsoberlife