2.11.2007

Overserved: A Rondeau*

Always overserved, dizziness undeserved
My empty glass forever observed
I refuse to take the blame
For my tipsy acclaim
Can my sobriety ever be preserved?

Good wine should be conserved
Inebriation reserved
Heavy handed waiters have no shame
Always overserved

Wine weilding traitors leave me unnerved
With twisted motives--curved
Contributing to my Chardonnay fame
Unfilled goblets call their name
Balance swerved
Always overserved

*A lyrical poem of French origin having between 13 and 15 lines with two rhymes throughout and with the first half of the first line repeated twice as a refrain. The rhyme scheme is typically aabba, aabR, aabbaR in a rondeau.

2 comments:

dc_speaks said...

whoa...wait a minute here...are you ever sober? let me hurry up and pour u a glass of wine and run out of your way...my motives are pure...get you hammered and read/laugh at your posts!...smile

Anonymous said...

Yeah, legs posted in the proper positions.